Established in 1780, Pugh & Son is one of the oldest private businesses left in the town. Now it is in the fourth generation of the Pugh family to serve the Harborough area for over eighty years. It was acquired in 1922 by William and Bernhard Pugh from John Henry Clarke, a well known figure in Harborough society. He himself had recently moved from a small saddlers shop opposite St. Dionysius Church to an imposing building on Coventry Road and fronting on the Square, newly built with the widening of the old Lubenham Lane.
Since leaving Coventry Road, over the years Pugh & Son have had two moves, firstly to Northampton Road and then to the present premises in Adam & Eve Street, from where the business of leather goods and country clothing has been carried on.
In store; we stock a wide range of products & brands: Barbour, Lichfield, Yoshi, Alan Paine & many more. Please note not all we sell on the website is not all we stock in store.
List of what we stock:
- HANDBAGS: David Jones, Spirit, Troop, Brakeburn, Gianni Conti, Nova, Visconti, Healthy back bag, Yoshi
- LUGGAGE & BUSINESS: Rock, Ashwood Leather, Go travel,
- PURSES & WALLETS: Lichfield, Golunski, Gianni Conti, Secrid Wallets
- GLOVES: Dents, Top Gear Driving Gloves, Ashwood
- CLOTHING: Barbour, Target Dry, Hoggs, Lighthouse clothing, Hunter Outdoors, HJ Halls Socks
- WELLIES & FOOTWEAR: Hoggs Wellies, Gumleaf, Barbour Wellies and Barbour Shoes
- HATS & HEADWEAR: Olney, Boardmans, Tilley, Denton Hats, Hawkins, Barmah Australian Hats
- ALSO STOCKIST of: Cufflinks, Walking Sticks, Shooting Sticks, Travel Accessories, Belts & Braces, Hip Flasks, Fulton umbrellas, Country Mugs, Country ties, Moccasin slippers.