How we use the Personal Data we collect
We will use the Personal Data for the purpose of:
• answering any enquiry you raise;
• enabling you to register to as a Chamber Member;
• registering your attendance at an event organised by the Chamber;
• delivering and supporting the services to which you subscribe, including notification of service status updates;
• administering your customer account, and to support other general business activities;
• sending you marketing communications (for which you have opted-in);
• satisfying legal or regulatory requirements;
• as otherwise described in this policy.
The duration for which we retain the Personal Data will differ depending on the type of data and the reason why it was submitted. However, in some cases Personal Data may be retained on a long term basis: for example, if you subscribe for services with us basic Personal Data about you will normally be retained for so long as you receive those services from us, and Personal Data that we need to retain for legal purposes will normally be retained for at least six years in accordance with usual commercial practice and regulatory requirements.
You have the right to:
1. request confirmation whether we hold your Personal Data and, if so, to access that Personal Data.
We will inform you of: the purposes for which the Personal Data is processed; the categories of the Personal Data processed; whether your Personal Data has been disclosed and the categories of recipient of the disclosure; whether your Personal Data has been transferred to another country or international organisation; the expected period for which the Personal Data will be stored. If we did not obtain the Personal Data directly from you, we will also inform you of the source.
We may withhold such Personal Data to the extent permitted by law.
2. request correction of the Personal Data we hold.
3. request erasure of your Personal Data, subject to any legal obligation to which we are subject or where the processing of the Personal Data is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. We will accept your request for erasure where we have a legal obligation so to do, acceptance of such a request is otherwise at our discretion. Please be aware that the erasure of your Personal Data may affect our ability to provide the website and the services associated with it to you and in some cases our acceptance of an erasure request may require your account to be closed.
4. restrict processing of your Personal Data where you contest the accuracy of the Personal Data we hold, consider our processing to be unlawful, consider that we no longer need the Personal Data but it is required by you in relation to a legal claim or where you have objected to our processing in accordance with your legal rights, provided in each case that we shall only be required to apply such restriction where we have a legal obligation to do so and until the issue giving rise to the restriction is resolved.
5. withdraw any consent that you have previously given to our processing of your Personal Data.
6. receive the Personal Data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and readable format, where the processing is carried out by automated means.
We may withhold such Personal Data if it adversely affects the rights and freedoms of others.
7. object to the processing of your Personal Data, for example the use of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
8. If you opted to receive any communications from us, but subsequently change your mind, you may opt-out at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in received email communication, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01858 322076.
While we will restrict the processing of your Personal Data in line with your request, we may add your Personal Data (name and address) to a ‘suppression list’ to ensure we do not send any communications in the future.
We will never knowingly collect Personal Information from minors (children under 16 years of age, or any other age defined under applicable law). If we become aware that a minor is attempting to or has submitted Personal Information via this Site, we will notify the user that we will not accept his or her Personal Information. We will then remove any such Personal Information from our records.
Contacting the Web Site
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with Market Harborough Chamber of Trade and Commerce, you can contact us using the site contact us form.